April 03, 2012

Blue Bird

Outfit Details:
Snake Necklace-Macy's
Shirt-Loft
Belt-from a J. Crew shirt
Bracelets- Pandora, gifted
Flats-Gap
Tights-Hue via Lord and Taylor


I'm not really religious, but every year when Lent rolls around I like to give something up as a challenge for myself. I usually never make it . Last year, I was vegetarian...and I made it the whole time! As a picky eater, being a vegetarian is not ideal. My mother was very agitated when every meal she put on the table I declined. I ate a lot of salad last spring. This year, I went a little bit easier on my mom.  My normal diet consists of chocolate (I gave that up one year, too...didn't make it more than a week!), bread, turkey sandwiches, pizza, ice cream, cheez-its, snack foods, cookies, and pasta. This year, I decided I was going to give up desserts and junk food of all types. I made it 5 long, hungry days. I just COULDN'T DO IT. I was barely eating anything. Lesson learned? Eat desserts and junk food! Just kidding (sort of). Although I couldn't do it, one of my friends could. She didn't give up desserts though. She's being a vegan for forty days. That's even harder! If you want to be turned off of meat/animal products forever, their are some pretty nasty facts out there which are pretty convincing if you want to become a vegan. Don't check it out (I did)--you'll be sufficiently grossed out for life. Did any of you give up anything for Lent (and make it this far)?


bloglovin

p.s. Get this awesome dress here! It's the perfect thin material for spring or summer!

p.s.s. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE! AND I'D APPRECIATE YOUR VOTES AND FAVORITES IN THE CHICTOPIA CONTEST VERY MUCH...VOTE HERE! :)


24 comments:

  1. you look so lovely! this is such a great spring look :)

    pepperandchips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is perfect! I love the fun print and light coloring on it <3
    Great colorful tights and flats too.
    Haha, and I haven't tried Lent actually. I suppose I should. Although there's no way I'd last without chocolate. Haha, I've found that if I portion things out, it works out in the long run much better.

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not for Lent but just for myself I recently gave up all sugar! And chocolate which I haven't eaten in 2 weeks eek! I went threw my house and threw all food with sugar away and stocked the fridge with fruits and veggies. I feel so amaze!

    www.alifeinthefashionlane.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress. I'm a vegetarian, but follow a vegan diet (not lifestyle, too hard and expensive!) 5 days a week. So I really only eat vegetarian on weekends when going out. Anyway, the thought and that your tried still counts.

    http://allyisacat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. you look fab as always!!
    2. thanks for the shout out lovey :)
    3. The lake lay blue below the hill kind of blue birds?
    4. stop becoming an intranet sensation you're making the rest of us who only have our lowly tumblrs jealous (http://pastellar.tumblr.com/) hehe
    5. just kidding cuz you're the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute look! I like your tights! I gave up candy for lent! So far so good---close to the finish line! Let's just say I already told my mom that I better get a basket full of candy for Easter! lol

    xx
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I just started a blog. I wonder if you have time to go and become a member if it pleases you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pics...nice dress colours...

    Have a good Wednesday

    U can check my GOLDEN Touch Outfit in:

    http://laviequo.blogspot.com/2012/04/golden-white-outfit.html

    XOXO from MUNICH

    La Vie Quotidienne

    www.laviequo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the print of the dress! :) Looks very good on you :)

    AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute dress! :-)

    Nathalie
    http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/

    My first blog Giveaway: http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/2012/04/mary-see-concours-carte-cadeaux.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute!!! i just saw you on chictopia so thought i'd check out your blog and let you know/brag that i have successfully given up coke for lent!!! i am so proud of myself! initially it was coke and fizzy drinks but the odd sneaky fizzy drink has snuck its way in on nights out! but yes so not only do i get to enjoy lots of chocolate at easter but i will be grabbing for a tasty cold can of coke too!

    www.ooohilikethat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so pretty! I love the sheer shirt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the print on your top! so cute :-)

    http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those tights are so darling paired with that dress! Thanks for sharing


    xo Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the dress - a great look for summer!

    http://girlonbroughtonstreet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. great look!
    xx

    http://cupcakeolicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that sheer blouse! I finally just found one that I absolutely love. Sheer fabric is so popular for spring. Love it!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. CUTE CUTE CUTE outfit!!!! Love how you put a white blazer with it and pushed up thes sleeves....and those blue tights and shoes are FABBBULOUS with that dress! Makes everything pop out of the computer screen!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you're always rocking different colored tights, it looks good on you! Yeah I don't think I can ever be a vegetarian...but I definitely don't mind being a pesceterian as long as I get to eat sushi! Haha. And to answer your question my shorts are from H&M conscious collection of last year, sorry dear! Maybe there's something similar out now. Hope all is well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. you're really lovely, the looks is perfect for this season

    estrellasdefebrero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. the dress is cute!
    yes i did something for lent: i didn't shop, no new clothes - it was quite hard but now I'm almost through it ;-9

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! You have a great blog! I would like to invite you to meet my blog! I love to answer comments back and post daily! = )

    www.lamodenrose.com

    kisses from La Mode En Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. [...] Bubble Gum Pop 2. Blue Bird 3. Double Belted 4. Pastellar 5. Sixteen Candles 6. Lasered 7. Spring Bling 8. Crochet Dreams 9. [...]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xx
Leave your URL so that I can follow you back!